How To Rim Glasses With Salt
We always like to believe that sugar and spice truly makes everything better and nice. Rimming a glass is an easy way to spruce up your drink and just add more flavor. There are several iconic drinks that would not be so iconic if their glasses weren’t rimmed. For instance, a margarita without a glass rimmed with salt will just not be the same!!
You can follow the following steps to rim your cocktail glasses:
- Wet the rim of the glass with any liquid such as a citrus juice. Make sure the liquid is not liquid-y and can easily stick and is viscous. It should not run down on the sides of the glass as it will make the experience of drinking a cocktail a messy and unpleasant one.
- Dip the glass, in sugar or salt. It is always better to use coarser grain salt as opposed to fine grain salt. To make it fancier, you can use colored sugar as well. In fact even cinnamon sugar can work really well in sync with a few drinks. You can always experiment even and use different flavors such as hot Tobasco thickened with sugar or using honey mixed with a little water. Another option is to use condensed milk, and dip it in coconut flakes. This would instantly add life to a drink such as a Malibu. You can even use There are a zillion flavors out there and feel free to experiment as per your taste bud.
- While you’re dipping the glass in, be quick about it, the faster you do it, the better it is.
- Shake off any excess. While doing so make sure the glass is held upside down, this is to ensure that the excess particles do not drop inside the glass or all around it. This will keep your glass from getting sticky.
- Allow it to dry before pouring your drink.
- Enjoy your drink.
Cheers and we hope this will help you add a little zing to your cocktails and you can make lots of ‘pour’ decisions.